Chettinad Marine And Offshore Company (India) Private Limited includes a set of documents about how a vessel is operated safely and how risks are controlled. It details the policies, practices and procedures for operating a commercial vessel. It states what is done on a vessel and how it is done safely. It becomes part of the way people do their jobs.
The Marine Safety National Law 2012 requires all operators of all commercial vessels to have and implement a Safety Management Plan.
The majority of incidents on board a vessel occurs because of human factors. Having a functioning Chettinad Marine And Offshore Company (India) Private Limited can help reduce accidents and incidents because it provides:
- A framework for regular drills and training
- Clear roles and responsibilities for crew members and any personnel ashore
- A system for recognizing and reporting hazards, assessing risks and putting controls in place
- Tools to improve the day to day operation of the vessel
Both the owner, or designated person, and the master of the vessel are responsible for making sure that a vessel has an effective Safety management. The owner or designated person is responsible for making sure that:
- The vessel and crew are working safely and are not polluting the environment
- Communication and reporting between the vessel and shore is effective
- All records relating to the vessel are kept. (For example, vessel log, maintenance, training, drill and hazard identification)
- The vessel has everything it needs to operate safely and not pollute
- There is a regular review of the Safety Management .
Chettinad Marine And Offshore Company (India) Private Limited is working and reporting any problems to the owner or designated person. Maritime Services may contact you to arrange a visit to your vessel. Chettinad Marine And Offshore Company (India) Private Limited team may review your safety management documents and records, including drill and training records. The team may observe operational procedures and conduct emergency drills with your crew. Chettinad Marine And Offshore Company (India) Private Limited team may give feedback and may suggest ways to improve your system.